Our strategic plan takes into consideration the following contextual issues and we align us with:
• The National Key Performance Indicators
• The North West Development Strategy
• BBKTA Development Strategy
• BBKTA Five Year Strategic and Business Plan
• The Accelerated and Shared Growth Initiative of South Africa (ASGISA)
• The National 2014 Vision
• The National Spatial Development Perspective
There are a number of strategic areas of focus for the BBKTA, which cut across all areas and is used as basis for the formulation and organisation of strategic thrusts. These thrusts provide a framework for the key initiatives of the BBKTA focus programs, which are non-negotiable. The mandate for the non-negotiable activities is derived from interaction and consultation with the communities and is reviewed annually.
The strategic movements are:
• Governance (managing our communities within the traditional affairs framework).
• Provision of bulk infrastructure – roads, water reticulation, administration facilities.
• Provision of frameworks for participation in mining and mineral development and related activities.
• Community development through training, skills development and facilitation.
• Creating corporate support for efficient service delivery.
In consideration of all the above, we developed the following strategic objectives: